Since 2012, 2500 prisoners were released from SHU to general population due to:
- Historic hunger strikes
- CDCR regulation reform
- Ashker v. Brown settlement
NOW WILL THEY BE PAROLED?
The path to parole is difficult and presents unique challenges for lawyers and family members.
Join us for this informative seminar for family members and parole advocates on the steps and strategies to earn parole after spending time in SHU / Solitary Confinement.
Date: October 7, 2017
Location: First Congregational Church, 2501 Harrison St., Oakland, CA 94612
The event is FREE.
Hosted by the Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity Coalition
• Dr. Terry Kupers, Mental Health Expert
• Carol Strickman, Legal Services for Prisoners with Children
• Keith Wattley, Uncommon Law
Others To Be Announced
• Please RSVP: www.phss_paroleaftershu.eventbrite.com
• Contact: Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon at 415.647.0921
• Fliers (2-on-a-page) to print and share: Parole-After-SHU Flier_2-on-a-page