“Hello, my name is ____________and I’m a resident of CA. I am calling in support of the hunger strike that spread across CA’s prison system. Thousands of prisoners went on hunger strike in July and Sept/Oct to protest torturous and inhumane conditions in Security Housing and Administrative Segregation Units in CA prisons. I strongly urge you to:
- Visit Security Housing Units (SHUs) and Administrative Segregation Units (Ad-Seg) and speak to prisoners who participated in the hunger strike;
- Attend any informational meetings or legislative hearings about prison conditions and the hunger strike where the Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity Coalition may be presenting;
- Hold the CDCR to its commitment to the hunger strikers by revising the regulations in a meaningful way;
- Demand that CDCR treat the prisoners as stakeholders in its process to develop these regulations;
- Vote for the repeal of the prison media ban (AB 1270).