If you need copies sent to you of any of these materials for use in your actions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 426-5322.
Together to End Solitary Brochure – 1 page, both sides, fold
Universal HANDBILL-Statewide Coordinated Actions 1 page, both sides (here is a version for double-sided printers) print “Fit to Page”, fold
In California, we have changed the date to the 24th of every month. We no longer do this action on the 23rd of every month.
_______________________________________________ The above links allow you to download and print the materials made specifically for anyone participating in Statewide Coordinated Actions To End Solitary Confinement (24th of each month). Below are several download links for recommended materials to hand out during such actions. Good educational materials. Coming soon: a handout of Frequently Asked Questions and the Answers, and all handouts in Spanish & English.
- Small Handout: Donate for People to Get Vital Publications Inside Prison 1 page, one side, 4-on-a-page; great to use as inserts in Handbills!
- Acuerdo Para Poner Fin a Enemistades, Agreement to End Hostilities 1 page, both sides
- Fact Sheet-CA Solitary Confinement 1 page, both sides,
- Human Rights Pen Pal Flyer 1 page, both sides
- 2 Similar Handouts to Stop “Security Welfare Checks in Pelican Bay SHU:
Emergency Action Alert- Stop Sleep Deprivation 1 page, both sides, 2-on-a-page
Handout_StopSleepDeprivation 1 page, both sides, 2-on-a-page
- Proposals For Action 2013-Pelican Bay SHU Short Corridor Collective 1 page, one side, 2 on each page
- Alcatraz To Pelican Bay 1 page, one side
- CHANTS-End Solitary Confinement 1 page, both sides
- Why the US Won’t Let the UN in Its Prisons-3-16-15 1 page, both sides
- Universal GENERAL Flier-Statewide Coordinated Actions 1 page, one side, no space for details
Use this Pelican* for your facebook event Cover Photo. Choose the art or photo for your event Profile Picture.
*We honor Peter Collins who was a long-term activist incarcerated in Canada. He drew the Pelican for the CA Prisoner Hunger Strikes. Peter died from cancer Aug.13, 2015 in prison, having been refused compassionate release. He was an astute social critic of the structures of violence in the world around us (colonialism, racism, sexism, ableism, imperialism, transphobia, misogyny etc). Peter was a writer, artist, cartoonist, activist, scholar & organizer with a great sense of humor and humanity. He was a staunch animal rights advocate. A vegan, Peter believed in principles of ‘do no harm’ to others.