The call for solidarity to people outside prison is a call for us to build a stronger movement against the prison industrial complex, all violence and torture. The more creative and dynamic ways people outside prison come together and show their support for the hunger strikers, the better!
As we received more reports of hunger striker’s medical conditions deteriorating, supporters outside need to work tirelessly and urgently to support the prisoners in winning their demands NOW. It’s best for events to be coordinated as soon as possible.
Since the CDCR has shown no meaningful sign that they are taking the demands seriously, we need to intensify pressure on legislators to get involved, visit the hunger strikers and make sure the CDCR negotiates with the prisoners and their approved outside mediation team, immediately and in good faith. We also need to draw more wide-spread public attention to this issue.
Please organize events that work to mount pressure to win the prisoner’s demands. Click here for printable flyers, posters and other outreach materials.
Some Requests & Suggestions for Events/Actions:
- Scheme up something creative! inspiring! strategic!
- Document your event/action and send Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity (PHSS) photos, descriptions, report backs! We will put the info on this blog and share this info with the prisoners
- Send PHSS outreach info on the action/event beforehand so we can put it on the blog’s events page and help publicize
- Amplify the voices of the prisoners!
- This is a struggle initiated by the prisoners themselves, calling for comrades and allies to make sure their voices are heard outside prison, so solidarity will be stronger when keeping this in mind. Check out the prisoner’s demands here
If you can coordinate event, please contact us: prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com